Making your tax less taxing!
Most people would like to pay less tax, but usually leave it too late to be able to reduce their tax burden. At Griffiths Marshall we take a proactive stance on planning your future tax liabilities, looking at each individual case, year on year. In doing so, we can give you the best advice on how to plan your business or personal affairs to limit the amounts you, or your family, may have to pay in the future.
However, calculating the tax and reducing the amount you have to pay, legitimately, is just one aspect of what we can do for you. We also endeavour to make sure you meet all the necessary deadlines with the relevant tax authorities, to reduce the likelihood of you incurring penalties or additional interest.
Our accountancy team cover all aspects of taxation including:
- Preparing and submitting self-assessment tax returns
- Preparing and submitting partnership returns
- Planning your personal taxes to reduce liabilities
- Sorting out taxes from dividend income
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs on a daily basis
- Tax planning for the self-employed and contractors
- Advising on the trading structure of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company etc)
Company or Corporation Tax
- Corporate tax planning
- Filing tax returns by the appropriate deadlines
- Completing and submitting the CT600 company tax return
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs
- Undertaking tax calculations for small, medium and large size companies
- Considering the use of capital allowances within the business
- Taking into account husband and wife owned companies
- Setting up payments on account for larger companies
Capital Gains Tax
- Advising on making the best use of the allowances available
- Identifying and minimising your tax burden from the disposal of properties and/or investments
- Planning to limit the taxable amount payable on your or your families' death
- Linking IHT into the probate
- Considering the options for succession of a business or personal wealth
Value Added Tax
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Helping to register or de-register businesses
- Identifying and advising VAT pitfalls
Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Giving advice on the disposal of a property
- Ensuring landlords who set up leases are aware of the tax liabilities
Other areas of tax we can help you with
- Overseas tax – we cover many countries including China, USA and Africa.
- IR35 – IT contractors
- S660A – settlements legislation
- Children’s tax credits
HM Revenue & Customs are stepping up their examinations under self-assessment for both individuals and companies and you may therefore find yourself on the receiving end of a tax investigation. We have helped many of our clients prepare for such investigations and can help take some of the stress and uncertainty out of them. In addition we operate a fees protection insurance scheme, which can prevent you from incurring a large accountancy bill, should you or your company face an investigation.
When reviewing your tax situation every endeavour is made to help you legally keep more of what you earn, whether it’s personal, business or both.
For more information on our taxation services please contact us on 01452 520000.